245 Glenbrook Road, Mansfield

Benton Museum of Art - southeast view
  • William Benton Museum of Art
John Gregoropoulos

Gregoropoulos began teaching at the School of Art c.1950.

Anthony & Stephanie Terenzio

Tony taught at the School of Art from 1955 to 1979; Stephanie was curator at the Benton Museum.

Paul Zelanski

Faculty member at the School of Art from 1963 to retirement in 1995.

Description of Significance/Historical Narrative
The original building was constructed in 1920 and served as The Beanery, the campus’s main dining hall, until the mid-1940s. The building was then used by the School of Fine Arts as studio and office space for the faculty. It has been home to the Benton Museum of Art since 1967, with an addition and renovation in 2004.
Date of Construction
1920
Historic Designation(s)